Hydrotherapy isn’t just for rehabilitation… it’s a great form of exercise for healthy dogs too!
The benefits of Hydrotherapy vs land-based walks;
- Water resistance – a 5 minute swim is the equivalent of a long walk
- Gentle on the joints – so great for dogs building up their amount of exercise or older pets
- Optional jets for increased resistance – more of a challenge for active dogs
- A fantastic aid to weight loss (in conjunction with a healthy diet)
- Builds muscles and works the whole body
- Improves cardiovascular fitness
- Increased mobility
- Stimulation – dogs just love the water!
Your canine companion can enjoy a fun swim year round in our heated, indoor pool, complete with optional jets for increased resistance. Surrounded by artificial grass and step down entry, it’s a wonderful introduction to the water for even notice swimmers.
During the warmer Summer months, our large outdoor pool is extreamely popular. Complete with easy access shallow entry steps this pool is a swimming dogs dream come true.
Underwater filming – Using the latest underwater cameras we are able to record your dogs session and will produce a short video clip of their swim. We regularly share our videos on our facebook and youtube pages so you can easily share them with friends and family.
Our water suitable toy collection is well stocked so there’s something for everyone.
How much does it cost?
Fun Swims – £25.37
A 30 minute session includes;
- A health check with our fully qualified hydrotherapist and qualified Vet Nurse (RVN)
- Fitting of a life jacket
- A swim in our heated indoor pool (or large outdoor pool during summer season)
- A wash and dry in our indoor hydrotherapy wet room
When you purchase a block of 8 swims – we’ll give you 2 FREE… that’s a saving of £46.00!
Our Hydrotherapy clinics run on Wednesdays and Fridays – Please call the practice on 01905 355938 to arrange an appointment.