Cardiology Referrals are available in the heart of the Midlands at Brentknoll Veterinary Centre in Worcester.
Examples of cases seen at Brentknoll Veterinary Centre include:
- Puppy and kitten Murmurs… Significance
- Congenital heart disease of all types… Diagnosis of
- DCM (Dilated Cardiomyopathy) Large Breed dogs
- Boxer Cardiomyopathy and Associated Arrhythmias
- Cardiomyopathy Cats especially HCM (Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy)
- Acquired Valve Disease especially Mitral Valve Disease in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
- Arrhythmia’s (Bradyarrhythmia, Tachyarrthymia) of both cats and dogs
- Exercise Intolerance and thorough investigation of
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Breed Heart testing – (Dog shows and in practice)
- Treatment reviews of difficult cases
- Pericardial drainage
- Thoracic surgery
- PDA surgery (limited experience) Fixed fee for non-insured cases.
- Emergency cases (Please Telephone 01905 355938 first)
Onsite facilities include:
- Phillips IE 33 Colour Doppler ultrasound 1-12MHz probes. NHS standard.
- 6 channel portable ECG
- Holter Monitors for 24-48 hour ECG Monitoring
- Doppler and oscillometric blood pressure monitoring
- Video Endoscopy, bronchoscopy and rigid endoscopy
- 64 slice Toshiba Aquillon CT scanner
We work closely with referring veterinary practices to ensure your clients receive nothing but the best care from us and ensure great communication from start to finish.
What to expect from a Referral:
After receiving a referral request from the referring vet (either by email, fax or phone) our referrals nurse will ensure we have the relevant history, referral letter and client. We will then contact the client directly to arrange a suitable appointment time.
Referrals begin with a 30 minute appointment to fully examine the patient and discuss treatment plans thoroughly with the pet owner. This will usually involve diagnostic tests i.e. ultrasound, ECG monitoring etc but varies for each case.
All referral patients are discharged and the findings will be discussed with the pet owner and they will be advised of our recommended treatment plan. A copy of this treatment plan, along with their referral report is forwarded to the referring vet and client as soon as relevant results are available.
To arrange a cardiology referral at Brentknoll Veterinary Centre please complete our referral form below, or call us on 01905 355938